1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies freezing half way

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyv12, Oct 24, 2004.

1. andyv12

andyv12 Member

im very annoyed i spend ages puttin all my movies on disc using winavi to convert dvd lab to produce menus etc and nero to burn i know how to do it all so it all goes fine i burn the dvd and i went to watch them and there fine but everyone of my movies freezes exactly half way thorugh the movie and i have linked up all the connections b4 u asked

pleeeeease someone help?

2. andyv12

andyv12 Member

can someone please help this is really buggin me as ive wasted 15 discs now!!!

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Movie freeze up is usually caused by cheap, poor quality blank media. You didn't mention which brand media you are using but I would try some Ritek or Verbatim grade A blanks. It doesn't pay to mess up all your hard work by using poor quality media. Also as a second thought, if you are using stick-on paper labels, they will cause that problem also. Its not recommended to use labels.

Jerry

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There are two possibilities. Either your discs are faulty (and it's not impossible for each one of the batch to bare the same imperfection at the same point on the disc), or there is something wrong with the rendering process. Are all the settings in DVD lab correct?

5. andyv12

andyv12 Member

im using ritek g05 and burning only burn at 4x even tho they can do 8, and i dont use sticky lables, i presume i got all the settings rite i i have never touched the settings on dvd lab what should they be?

but i dont get it i normally make 4 vob files it plays 1 and 2 fine but just as it goes into number 3 (the middle of teh movie ) it freezes just tryed t on my pc and it does the same altho it does freeze it just jumps to vob 4 instead of 3

any clue?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There is obviously a problem with DVD lab then. With all software there is an 'options' or 'preferences' menu somewhere - look at the dropdowns from the task bar. Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with DVD lab so hope someone else can help you.

7. andyv12

andyv12 Member

i cant see much in the way of options only a dvd prefrence page but its very basic