1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies from ares

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by xackitt, Mar 2, 2003.

1. xackitt

xackitt Member

I have downloaded 2 movies from Ares, a p2p-programme, but not one of my players is able to play them. When I use g-spot to see whichs codecs are needed it says that it are no volid audio- and video-codecs which are used.
    Thanks, xackitt.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sound fake to me to be honest, what sizes are they?

3. xackitt

xackitt Member

The first one, Super Troopers is 689 MB and the second, Gone In 60 Seconds, is about 700 MB, looks like the normal size to me.
    Maybe important to know is that Ares downloads a file in different parts and when it's complete Ares rebuilds the file.
    Thanks, xackitt.

4. Dela

If GSpot couldn't give any information on them at all though then they probably are fake. I would recommend eMule or DC++ for movies I find them much more reliable!

5. xackitt

xackitt Member

Thanks, but the problem with Emule and DC++ is that I have this upload-limit off nothing and since this is important for using these p2p-programmes I can't really use then. I've tried Emule but it is so slow, after one month I've only downloaded 350 mb from one movie. Maybe there is a problem with my emule I don't know.
    Thanks.

6. xackitt

xackitt Member

Hi Dela I've read your tutorial about Emule and I know where the problem lies, my id nr is only about 60000. I have zonealarm as firewall, I shutted it down but still no change?
    Maybe you can help.

7. Dela

fekkin low id!! are you behind a router or anything?

8. xackitt

xackitt Member

My internet-provider is the university of Leuven, and yes they use routers. That bastards also blocked kazaa, gnutella,... so I'm not able to download any music, movies,... except from emule and that Ares I told you.
    Maybe you can tell me a way how to crack, or something like that, kazaa so they can't block it.
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2003