1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies from avi to dvd disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by augustson, Feb 4, 2005.

1. augustson

augustson Guest

whats the best way to get avi to dvd. and wich type dvd disk are the best. im confused about dvd + or - .

=

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

There are guides here, but they involve multiple software, and complex steps, so decide for yourself whether to use them.

I find the easiest way to be with NeroVision Express. If you have the full Nero suite, you have NVE. If you have it, say so, and I'll give you a highlight of the steps involved.

As for dvd+r and dvd-r, they are just different formats. Many stand alone dvd players (what you connect to your TV to play dvd's) can play both, but not all. Toshiba are notorious for not being able to play dvd+r's. What brand of dvd player do you have?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

i agree with bazilla with nero you can download a free trial of the full version at http://www.nero.com. if your burner is dual format dvd-r are cheaper and turn out the same as dvd+r. good luck

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  4. stevo5000

stevo5000 Member

hey Augustson

In my experience WinAvi 6.2 is super for putting AVI/DIVX/XVID onto DVD. It can generate the VideoTS files in about 50mins for a full movie, and in my experience has yet to fail. Nerovision which came with my latest burner takes about 7 hours to perform the same task, and sometimes has a habit of getting the audio out of sync.

Hope it helps