1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies from dvd shrink skip a lot

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pcbears, Jul 7, 2007.

1. pcbears

pcbears Member

I use DVD shrink to back up a lot of movies and all my movies skip on my dvd player but when I took it to my cousins house they worked fine. Is it just my dvd player or what if so is there a special kind of dvd player I need or does mine just read the disks too slow??

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you burn at 4x and use media that has 'Made in Japan' on the pack or 'Verbatim' that should help.
    Some players are finickier than others.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim is your best bet

or try a different format if your using the DVD dash R try the DVD plus R booktyped to DVD-ROM

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

you can try a lens cleaner for your dvd player.

5. club42

club42 Regular member

Some low end or old dvd players aren't as good as others with dvd +-r. Did the player just start doing this or has it never done well with backups? As 300bowler said it wouldn't hurt to try a lens cleaner first.

6. pcbears

pcbears Member

Yeah the dvd player is a few years old and it has always done it but I now there is nothing wrong with the dvd because at my buddy's house yesterday it skipped so much more than mine and his player is older than mine. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

7. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

better balnk media (Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim) and burning at a slower burn speed should fix it them