1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies with DVD-R Qs...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by EliteTMP, Mar 9, 2007.

1. EliteTMP

EliteTMP Member

Ive gotten downloaded 15 Anime Episodes on a DVD-R without it losing it quality...i was wonder how much Movies can i fit in 1 DVD-R without it losing its quality that bad u cant see at all?Ive got 3 Movies, 2 of them are 1 hr 30 mins, and the other is about 2 hours. Can i get them 3 onto the DVD without losing that much quality but can clearly see good?

Thanks for your help

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

no way man ,if you put all that on a dvd-5 its going to look worse than a vhs tape. thats even to much for a dvd-9.

without losing much quality all you going to get on a dvd-5 is 1 movie thats an hour and a half long. the two hour movie you would lose some quality but it depends what you watching the backup on

(guess i should of checked mt spelling lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah quality will be pi$$ poor. DVDs are so cheap now just use one for each and the quality will be as good as what you have now.

4. EliteTMP

EliteTMP Member

Ok thanks i will go for 1 Movie on a DVD....i had an DVD+R with 3 Movies and they were all about 1.3 hrs long and didnt lose any Quality why was this?

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

were the file from a store bought dvd? or were they downloaded files?

plus it all depends what your watching it on, a 27" TV is going to be alot more forgiving than say a 60" Sony SXRD

but yeah with the price of a dvd-5 only being about 25 cents just do it right

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  6. EliteTMP

EliteTMP Member

I dunno i got it from a friend

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@EliteTMP

Those three 1.3 hr long movies either had crapy quality to start with or the quality went down when you squeezed all three on a 4.7gb dvd. 5 hr worth of movies don't fit too well on a 4.7gb disc.

8. EliteTMP

EliteTMP Member

I justed check them and they are AVI file