1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies won't fit on the dvd

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Sonjalea, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Sonjalea

Sonjalea Member

I cannot get some movies I have downloaded to fit onto the 4.7 disks. Nero program tells me it can either lower the quality of the movie so it will fit, or I have to use a dvd-9 disk. I downloaded shrink but it won't pull the movies from the file (says it cannot find the specified file). I know I am just missing something but I am so frustrated that I can't think anymore!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

after you encode whats the size of the files because if they are bigger than 4.38gig you will need to use a dual layered disc that will allow non compression.(allow good quality)

3. micl1

micl1 Guest

If you run the video file thru' NERO RECODE instead of NERO VISION it will shrink it to fit on your dvd5

4. waz101

waz101 Member

This bug in nerovision has reappeared, all that you have to do to get around it is manually resize the film. Just click on MORE at the bottom of the screen and change the video setting from automatic to standard or or long play. This bug first appeared in version 7.3 something.
    I have now removed 7.7.5.1 and re-installed 7.5.1.1 it is more stable and not full of these little annoying bugs. 7.7.5.1 also put an avi file i was burning 10 secs out of sync.

waz

5. Sonjalea

Sonjalea Member

Thank You SO MUCH to all for the help. I am new to all of this and it is wonderful that you will help others with what must seem like trivial problems to most of you. Thanks Again, Sonja.