1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies Won't Play at all once Play Button Is Hit (Audio Worked Beforehand, but No Video--Now Nothing Works)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PacMan2K5, Aug 31, 2003.

1. PacMan2K5

PacMan2K5 Member

I know that was a long subject title.

Here's the deal. I d/led a movie and all I could get was the audio. Reading some messages here, I downloaded AVI codec, loaded my file in there and it said the video was unsupported and that I needed Xvid.

I d/led X-vid, but now I can't get anything! When I click play in Windows Media Player, it tells me it's playing, yet it's not moving and therefore there's no audio or video.

Funny thing is, when I upload some of that movie footage into my editing program, it indeed DOES pick up the video portion, but yet not the audio!

Whats going on? What do I need to download so it can just play right? I have another file that is JUST like this same scenario as well, but all my other video files work without a problem.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Where did you download the xvid codec?

3. PacMan2K5

PacMan2K5 Member

Dela!

Your the best! Thanks! My files work again, thanks for that link.

I'm unsure where I d/led the codec. Good Q. I just went to whatever website AVI sent me to.

How do I know where's a good place to download from and whats not such a good place?

4. Dela

Well you can download form a lot of resources, eMule is great and I have a tutorial for it on this forum, also Bit Torrent, there is a lot of resources man!

5. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

packman if u ever have that problem again download a program called GSPOT that will tell you what codec you need

6. Dela

or AVICodec! :D