1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moviestar 5

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by diablo, Dec 9, 2003.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

how do i get my mpeg1, avi's on my hard drive into moviestar? i can figure it out?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why are you useing Movie star 5??? This Program is used to capture Mpeg files from Dazzle Capture devices, and Poeple who have Dazzle Capture devices only use Movie Star because it is the Only Program that will capture from some Dazzle Cards but if they has a Choice they would not use it at all because it is a Really Buggy low end program...Why don"t you explain what you want to try to create and then someone can recomend what would be the best software for the Job but Movie Star 5 is Pretty Much Crap.....

3. diablo

diablo Guest

i was just trying all sorts of programs to see which ones are the best. now that i know its crap i dont need to try it at all. thanks you save me alot of time! i was just converting a lot of formats to mpeg2 to burn to dvd?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you Just want to convert Files to Mpeg2/DVD and then Author them to DVD then all you need is Basicly a Good encoder Like "Tmpgenc" or "MainConcept encoder" and a DVD authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD author" or "DVD-Lab" to Author the Mpeg2 files to a DVD...Thos Programs that Do the encodeing and Authoring all in the same Program all have Sub standard Mpeg encoders in them to the encodeing Quality is nower near if you used a Standalone encoder Like the MainConcept encoder....Cheers