1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving a backup from external HDD to internal

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ethentianknight, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Ethentianknight

Ethentianknight Newbie

I'm attempting to move my backups from my external hard drive to internal, and am having some issues.

To preface, I did some research beforehand, and most people just say 'it's USB 1, don't use it to transfer.'

I'm able to move smaller backups, but my hang-up is in a 2.7gb iso that has a recursively slowing transfer rate- it starts at .5mb/s and moves down to 15kb/s gradually over an hour. I have attempted other USB devices that have similar results.

Internal HDD is 160gb formatted with freemcboot's disk manager utility.

Does this have to do with how I've formatted the drive, and is there an easy fix?

If not, what alternate ways can I transfer backups to my PS2 without having to buy an external drive reader?

Thank you,
    EK

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You better head over to theisozone everything you require is there.
    Yeah usb sucks for transfer there are better & faster ways.
    You can install & get formatted a 1tb hdd,tho you'll need the sata adapter mod kit to be able to do it.plenty on that in a thread at the isozone

Didn't use fmcb to do my internal hdd,i followed the vid below

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOd_1DYsIQg

3. Ethentianknight

Ethentianknight Newbie

Again, I'm hoping to do this without having to buy a tool to plug the HDD into whenever I want to update files. I have a crossover cable from my Xbox days, is there an ftp alternative? If so, what tools are available and required past fmcb to send backups straight to the internal HDD?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Read up over at theisozone or search you tube..Everything is there

5. Ethentianknight

Ethentianknight Newbie

I found a quick tutorial on ftp transfer, but am still interested in why mass to HDD transfers fail on larger files (failing on 2.7gb file) and whether it's something that can be fixed in configuration.

For anyone curious, ftp tutorial below:

Edit: wrong embed link.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I didn't say go to theisozone for no good reason,it's no good pissing around with ftp,it's far quicker to load the hdd from a pc.One word "winhiip" & if that don't work find the tutorial on how to setup an hdd with the noob package & start from scratch

7. Ethentianknight

Ethentianknight Newbie

Winhiip requires an external enclosure.

My issue lies in that I have no access to a sata connection, external or internal. I'm okay with longer transfer times assuming it is possible without having to buy a connector for my PC.

Am I to assume from your replies that transfer of large files is impossible without hooking the hard drive into my computer?

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Not impossible however i don't use ftp so can't help...Unless your using a laptop then the pc tower will have the spare hd connector assuming the hdd is using same connection.Install hd to it then run winhiip to see it

9. Ethentianknight

Ethentianknight Newbie

Different connector, hence the lack. I'll stick with ftpn for now, was mainly curious as to why the transfer failed on large files. Considered it may be a formatting issue.