1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving a file from decrypter to shrink does not work for me

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 08mryan, Jan 10, 2007.

1. 08mryan

08mryan Member

ok so when ever i get done decrypting a dvd and i'm goin to move it to shrink it says "dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue... the system cannot find the file specified" please help me i'm new to all of this so please be as simple as possible with solutions...thank u very much!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi 08mryan
    In Shrink click on 'open files'. Find the folder where Decrypter put the movie - click on the video_ts folder then ok. Shrink will analysis the movie.

Since Shrink and Decrypter haven't been updated for awhile they can no longer handle the copy protections so may be part of the problem.

Add RipIt4Me to the mix. Uses Decrypter, Shrink and FixVTS also (free) Here's a great guide that has step by step instructions. link

3. 08mryan

08mryan Member

hey thanx for replyin so quickly

i tried what u said at first before i went on here for help and thats how i got the error message. is their a way to fix that so i don't have to download so many programs i hear alot of people only us decrypter and shrink and it works fine... please reply thanx again!

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Works fine for some movies, but new releases with heavier copy protection which has been developed since both Decrypter and Shrink lost support is the problem. RI4M was updated yesterday. Unless you have a HD so small a tiny program is an issue, it's no problem. If that was the case, I doubt you'd be doing movie backups. RI4M uses DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and FixVTS in a seamless setup so it acts like 1 program. You should already have the latest Shrink and Decrypter installed. Go to http://www.ripit4me.org and get the latest installer download and install the RI4M, the FixVTS is added automatically. Let the program check for updates and you won't get left behind for future updates.

5. 08mryan

08mryan Member

whats fixvts? now i downloaded the rip it for me and it says "your fixvts path points to dvd shrink 3.2.exe,but it should point to fixvts"......now what do i do to fix it?....again thanx for replying so quickly

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Assuming you let the installer do as it's suppose to the path for FixVTS is the same as RipIt4Me. They're located in C:\Program Files\RipIt4Me. In Logs/Settings select Preferences and under Program Paths you can select the path by clicking the box in front of the app you need it changed for and browse to and select the path.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

FixVTS is a little freeware app that processes your DVD files for compliance. If the files aren't compliant, they won't work. One of the industry tricks is putting in copy protection that makes your software see the video as noncompliant. They have to play on your player, but the recording software can be tricked. That's what copy protection is all about, stopping the recording software.