1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving laptop motherboard into desktop chassis

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by mynamevincenttt, Jan 13, 2014.

1. mynamevincenttt

mynamevincenttt Newbie

Thanks! But I found some usb ports that are attached by wire to my motherboard, so I will just attach those to the external. As for the other ports, I went and ordered a 2x usb male to the male 9 pin internal usb connector.. I can't post links so I can't show a picture. But yeah I'll be using the ports that are on the front of my case. Good idea?

2. omendata

omendata Regular member

The only thing i can see as a bit of a pain would be outputting vga to your Plasma telly - would be nice to have 1080p via Hdmi or even Dvi port / apple displayport.
    On a big tv it will look a bit pants defeating the object of having a good Mmc.

3. mynamevincenttt

mynamevincenttt Newbie

Yeah it's weird. I'm not 100%,but I believe dell computers can output component video. I bought the Dell adapter that plugs into the 7pin din port common to most dells. Hopefully it's great?

4. omendata

omendata Regular member

Lol its not!
    Maybe you have a better Dell than mine but the Vga is better than the cobbled together special 7 pin custom s-video to component conversion lead!!!
    No audio on s-video even with a converter remember!

5. mynamevincenttt

mynamevincenttt Newbie

Really? I always thought component would have higher resolution than vga. The adapter that I have has the 3 component outputs and a spdif output. I wish I could link it but if you just look up the Dell s-video to component adapter, it'll be the first hit. There's no specifications on the resolution it can output so I'm crossing my fingers ><