1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp2 no audio

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sam2wo, Oct 17, 2004.

1. sam2wo

sam2wo Member

Hi, I'm not a frequent user here, but maybe you guys can help me out. I am not from America so I can't see Joey episodes, but I've downloaded them and I'd like to put them on dvd. I am using DvD Maestro to make a nice menu and to put some episodes on DvD. So I used TMPGenc to encode them to m2v and mp2 files. I converted the files and added them to the project. When I tried them out, the video was good, only there wasn't any audio. When I playbacked the file using Media Player, there wasn't any sound either. So my question is: Is there any other program to do this, or are my settings from TMPGenc wrong.

Thanks,

2. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

More information is required to answer your question.

Firstly, what format are the downloaded episodes in?

Do the downloaded files play OK on your PC before demuxing/encoding?

Which TMPGEnc application are you using? Xpress or DVD Author?

3. sam2wo

sam2wo Member

Answers:

They are in avi format; xvid encoded.

They play fine (the avi files, the mp2 files don't)

I don't know what TMPGEnc I'm using, I downloaded it from this site. I guess it's Xpress. Windows describes it as MPEG encoder.

4. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

When you launch TMPGEnc you will see the name in the top left corner of the application. It will either say "Xpress" or "DVD Author".

If you have Xpress, then I suggest you download TMPGEnc DVD Author & give that a try. I've had better success with that than with Xpress. It's also easier to use. Download trial version at http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

5. sam2wo

sam2wo Member

Maybe I got an old version, because it only says TMPGenc in the top left corner. I'm using version 2.5.

6. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

Yes, that is the older version of Xpress. The latest version of TMPGEnc Xpress is 3.0.

Anyway, I suggest you try TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 or TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator 2.0. Both can be downloaded from the link in my previous post.

You can also try WinDVD Creator 2.0, downloadable from http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVDCreator_Profile.jsp.

Experiment with them & see if you get better results.