1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp2 video

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by marin001, Feb 25, 2005.

1. marin001

marin001 Member

i tried alot of the tricks mentioned in these forums but have yet to get it right so i am hoping someone can help.......okay here it goes....i have a movie that was made into a svcd which will only play right on my daughters apex(love these apex) i tried converting using tmpgenc, avi to mpg converters, i can get it to a mpeg but the sync is off, using tmpgenc i tried moving the audio +/- but can get to sync right. used de-mux, separating audio and video but still can't get to fit right, when i try breaking down the movie the only thing i see is a mp2 file. i used dvdsanta which is a great tool for making dvd files from mpeg's but it doesn't recognize the video only the audio, should i tried to avi the audio to get a larger file size then mux the video and audio together??? i am not that new to this but i am not a pro either.....thanks for any help....eyes hurting from all the reading i am doing....

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, the .MP2 file is only a VCD/(S)VCD/DVD audio stream (if sampling rate = 44.1 kHz it is for a (S)VCD, if it is 48 kHz is for a DVD).
    If the sync becomes off after the converision, you need to extract the uncompressed sound first, to load the big WAV file (uncompressed sound) with TMPGenc 'audio input', later.
    Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217.
    Demuxing is not enough. You have to entirely decompress the audio stream, first.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005