1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3,avi,divx on ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by geo7dlx, Jan 23, 2008.

1. geo7dlx

geo7dlx Member

guys is it possible to play such files and more (like video with srt subtitles) on a ps2? i use swap magic 3.6!!!! i also own action replay max evo edition. any way possible? even through flash drive/mem card installation? which is the best player?

fat ps2 with card trick. no flip-top cover!!!!

2. ucdrew

ucdrew Member

i have seen a media player that you can dl for your ps2 i haven't had the chance of getting it myself but it does exist just search for it

3. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

sk-apps.com might help you.

Seriously, I think a Phillips DVD Divx player is better than using your PS2.

4. inagasake

inagasake Member

I use SMS Player in order to play Xvid, DivX, Avi and MP3 files on my PS2.

What you need:

1) A SMS Player DVD ISO to burn (either download one from the internet somewhere or make one). I have a SMS Player DVD ISO on my HDD so I'll just go ahead and upload one for you since it's a small compressed 1.16 MB file. Here it is. When you unrar it, it's going to be like 1.5 gb.

Once you load up the burned SMS Player DVD disc (whatever slide card/mod/swap method you want), the disc will stop spinning in your PS2 when you get to the SMS screen and then you can take out the disc and put in your DVD disc containing Xvid/DivX/Avi/MP3/etc. Then once the PS2 reads the disk, all those files and folders contained in the DVD will show up on the screen. You just pick what you want and play. You can also read these media files using SMS off other things like a USB flash drive and such. You can also use a network to stream files from your computer to your PS2 but I haven't tried that.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008