1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 CD player--have some probably dumb questions

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wanderer, Jun 6, 2002.

1. wanderer

wanderer Member

I've got a Tamarack G20-H mp3 CD player--seems to be a "normal" mp3 cd player. Its instruction manual seems to have been written in taiwanese and then translated to English by babelfish or something, so I have a few :} questions and would be overjoyed if someone would try to help me out here.

Is there free software {windows} that will format my cd-rws in a format it can read? Or organize a cd-r with folders? Or rename several files to have a number in front of the name based on a sequence {the player seems to play in an order based on file name if they're in the same folder}? Or print an m3u? I've got winamp, media player, and the free version of musicmatch... musicmatch burned a CD, but my player doesn't play them in the order I want and all the files are in the main CD directory, not in folders.

Sorry about all the helpless newbie questions :} but I've done so much searching I'm getting dizzy and I still haven't found any reliable answers... thanks a bunch to anyone who can help.

Edit/PS--I realize free is a lot to ask of good quality software these days--if none exists, then functional demo for x days and/or under $25 software is fine too :}

Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. wanderer

wanderer Member

Good idea! I tried searching the forums but I guess I hadn't used the right search terms.

Well, I just used DirectCD to make a regular, supposedly readable by all computers cd of my files, and the directories seem to be ok and everything except that my mp3 player is breaking up all the mp3s into 55-second segments. What does this mean? Anyone know how I can fix it?

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Hm..

DirectCD should not be used for MP3CDs. I am suprised that your player actually is able to read it.

As it was written in those threads above, burn the CD to ISO format - meaning that burn it as a regular data CD with Nero, Easy CD Creator etc. Do not use packet writing software like DirectCD.