1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 CD's skip in my car stereo

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tarantus, Jun 21, 2004.

1. tarantus

tarantus Guest

I have a Sony CDX-M8800 car CD reciever that is capable of reading MP3 CD's. I have tried using both Nero and Roxio. The MP3's seem to skip a lot, these discs are not scratched and I have tried different brands. I could play one song and it skips like crazy, then I go back and play the same track a say later and its fine. All the MP3's are 192kps or higher and the discs seem to work fine in my DVD player which is also a sony and can read MP3's. Does this sound like something is wrong with the stereo itself or should I try another burning method? What is the best program for burning MP3 CD's?

2. 02004976

02004976 Member

As burning goes i dont think you can fault Nero to be honest, however for your problem it sounds like it is the stereo itself. I have a CD changer in the back of my car which used to skip, it just wasnt mounted properly and every time there was a bump in the road it skipped. Maybe try an original disk in there to see if that skips.

3. Dave58

Dave58 Member

I changed out the CD player in my car with an Eclipse that plays MP3's. My MP3's are 192 VBR and they only skip on very serious bumps. Gotta agree that the problem must be with your unit. Can you fault the road, or does it happen all the time? If its all the time, then how does it perform with audio CD's? Try both original and copies made on your PC.

4. tarantus

tarantus Guest

Problem seems to be with only MP3 Cd's. Copies and originals of regular cd's work just fine and most of the time so does the MP3 cd's. There are a few MP3 discs though that have and excessive tendency to skip. When they skip its not just 1 skip here and there, its just constant skipping, but it doesn't really sound like a normal cd skip, it is more like a really quick skip, there is no silence in just cuts a word out every few seconds. Everything else works fine, like I said it just seems to be certain created MP3 discs, could it possibly be resolved by burning at a lower speed or trying it on a CD-RW instead of a CD-R?

5. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

The burning speed could well be the problem, ive burned various mp3 discs for my car stereo which i dont burn any higher than 8x (takes a little while, but never had any audio problems)

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

djcsurf

Good call. Try slowing it down, high speed burns can cause C1/C2 errors and if they're severe enough skips and and an inability to be played.

7. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

To be honest, I install car stereos alot. The best I've found for not skipping is the Pioneer car stereos.
    I've installed them for alot of my friends, sony, jvc and others. I have a Pioneer and I have no problems. My mates do with there other brands. One mate listened to me and also got a pioneer and he also has no probs. :)