1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by luke35, Aug 8, 2004.

1. luke35

luke35 Member

I've found software that "cleans" audio tracks but it does it one at a time. Is there anything that will do several at a time ? I have several CD's full of MP3's and would like to move them to the HD, delete repeats, clean and even out the volume and re-burn them to a CD. Is there such an animal ?

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

where did you find software to "clean" mp3's and adjust the volume... im curious as to what your using.

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

I dont know about the 'cleaning' but as for the volume levelling, the best tool around in my opinion is MP3 Gain.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

There are quite a few Sound Editors programs available on the web -- some are freeware !

If you have Nero 6 Ultra -- you have a sound editor that will give you all you need to delete silences , normalize the volume and so on ..... That's Nero Wave editor.

Google your way to Sound Editor and you will find software to your liking.

(edited for a typo)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  5. luke35

luke35 Member

One was Audio Cleaning Lab, don't remember the others off hand. I'm looking for one that will do several at a time without having to enter stuff between each one.

6. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Try using Steinberg Clean or mp3 doctor, I would recommend s/clean if your looking to restore and normalise audio it will cope with single or multiple tracks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Sony Soundforge 7 --- Steinberg Wave Lab 5.0 -- are two programs were you make a script and process as many as you want at once. I use SoundForge personally.

Top Of the Line Editors are costly ! (500$+)