1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 dvd's

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ptkut, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ptkut

ptkut Member

hi, just wondering i made a mp3 dvd and it wont play on my dvd players, i tried it on 2 different players & even on my pc it takes forever to load all the songs on it. Is there just too much files on it or. I think i used to whole 4gb on the dvd with mp3 files.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just because you have a DVD player doesn't mean that your DVD player will play MP3 DVDs. Look in your manual to find out what your DVD player plays! here's my DVD player.... it plays everything:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03013&id=1138083263924
    notice what it plays! it's cheap and does everything!

the reason why your computer takes a while to load your MP3 DVD into it's playlist because of the amount of songs! there must be at least 1-2 thousand songs on an Mp3 DVD. you try loading up into memory each song!

3. ptkut

ptkut Member

This is mine, it plays DVD, DVD-Ram/DVD-R, CD, CD-R-RW, Video CD, WMA, MP3 playback .I dont know what else.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok....... so why isn't it playing your MP3 DVD? Could be your media. what brand of media are you using? here is a media guide for you:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

here is a free program that will identify your manufacturer ID codes:
    http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

just stick with the MIJ rule (Made In Japan). look for the MIJ on the box or spindle .... only exception is Verbatim.... top notch disks but made in Taiwan/Singapore. I only use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.... and I have Sony + RW disks that are RICOHJPNs. that's the only disks I use and I never have a problem!

hopefully having better media will do the trick for you. good luck.

hey.... you set looks good.... what's the make and model of that? just curious.

5. ptkut

ptkut Member

im using sony dvd-r. But any way the setup is a panasonic sc-ht650 500watts. I have 2 of em. I think they are like $200 but my dad got em for $60 from his job, They get em on a scratch & dent deal, He builds rv's and sometimes the stuff get scratched and they cant use it so they sell em for cheap.

6. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

I am going to suggest that the MP3 playback is restricted to CD-R and CD-RW, and won't play a pile of MP3 files dumped onto a DVD.

I have recently seen a few shelf systems that specify MP3 DVD playback - like JVC UX-G series that lists "WMA/MP3/JPEG Digital Still/MPEG-4/DivX (CD-R/ RW, DVD-R/RW, +R/RW), " in its feature list.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know what you mean Platy767..... but my Sony 5 disk DVD/CD player plays it all.... and it just says MP3 on it.... nothing about DVD MP3..... at least that's what it says here:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03013&id=1138083263924

Edited:
    I stand corrected.... after further examination of my DVD player box... it does say, "Jpeg, Wmv, Mp3 on CD media and also DVD media." So the advertising of the player on BestBuy doesn't have that mentioned. My player plays it all!

8. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

@IHoe,
    Yep,I think you have identified the difference. I think it is only recently (well, within last 12 months) that MP3 support on DVD media has become more widespread. Saves time not authoring a DVD just for audio.