1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Help !

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scats, Mar 8, 2004.

1. scats

scats Guest

How can i copy a MP3 music to a DVD to play in my DVD player using Nero 6. Which format must i use - or + & R or RW..

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Not all dvd players can play Mp3's off a dvd. Most can only handle them off CD's. But you can test it, just add the MP3's to the disc and burn as Disc at Once.

3. scats

scats Guest

I've got Nero 6. When i insert a DVD+R or DVD+RW i can't choose the option of Disc At Once. Whny is that?
    Even if i go Nero Express or Nero.. Help !!

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Thats odd, its always worked with Nero 5.5 Just before burning the disk you can set it. Mine always defaults the DVD`s to Disk at Once in the burn Tab. I haven`t used Nero6 yet.
    See if the box for close disk is checked, This is the same really as Disc at Once. Mine is defaulted with the check mark.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

mp3 will NOT play from any DVD±R disc as mp3 is 44,100Hz and stand alone DVD Players 'need' 48,000Hz !!: ]-~

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Thats not completely true, I have on a Sony DVD player that supported Mp3 format, play Mp3`s off a DVD. I was disapointed when my 400Disc changer didn`t support it. If the player supports Mp3 and doesn`t look to detect the disc type, then it should work. Just like some DVD players will play miniDVD`s (a CD with the Video and Audio folders) http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/minidvd.cfm

7. scats

scats Guest

Right so will it work or not !!!

How would you go by it in Nero 6. Which DVD must you use...

8. herbsman

First off , no need to be so pushy !!!

It still depends on what model of stand alone DVD Player you have.
    Prisoner stated that he had a Sony that supported mp3 from DVDR . that is actually fairly rare !
    So I'd go out on a limb & say no you cannot play mp3 from DVD-R or +R ... and it certainly has nothing to do with Nero either :)

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I would have to ask my mom the model number on that sony. She bought it on Club Z points from Zellers. It will only work with DVD-R as it thinks all DVD-RW I put in it are dirty. Also I don`t have a +RW drive, so I have only tested with -R discs.

What model number of DVD player do you have Scats?

10. scats

scats Guest

Prisoner my DVD player is my car. Its a Necvox model made by Starsound. Got a Starsound DVD player for use at home, but still haven't tried on my mom's pioneer one yet...

11. herbsman

12. herbsman

[bold]aD Newsletter - 11th March 2004[/bold]
    From the author of DVD2One, the well known DVD to DVD-R transcoder, comes a new tool for creating DVD video compliant audio discs. The trick is to convert the audio to a format supported by a DVD video player. One can choose from a lower quality MPEG-2 compressed streams to a high quality 96kHz/24bit stream.

The software uses a browser based user interface, which seems slightly crippled method of configuring the process. This initial release version also seems to have some technical quirks and oddities.

Also, only 44kHz / 16bit WAV files are accepted as input material in this first version. On the company website there is a lot of hype of audio quality improvements, but these are unlikely to happen as the quality of the source material ultimately defines the reached quality, even in cases when the target format has higher quality specifications.

Still, this concept might have some market demand for people that use a DVD player as the primary audio source. The software is available as a limited trial version at http://www.eximius.nl/dvdaudio.php
    ------------------------------------------------------

peace

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Great link Herbsman, this is your best bet scats. The software is very cheap at only $50 Euro and amagine the space savings. I could fit all the Cd`s in my 200 disc player on three disks! Well almost.

14. scats

scats Guest

Its been all sorted out. Using Nero6 express setup. Copied over 600 songs onto a DVD+R and played fine in all my DVD players. Thanx a lot to all that helped..

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest