1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 information to a DVD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jorbec, May 14, 2004.

1. jorbec

jorbec Member

is there some form of seeing all the information of a mp3 in a DVD (photograph of the album, comments, lyrics ,etc) as well as in the pc?

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

You cannot write MP3 to a DVD in any way that will be playable by any set top DVD player. It will look for DVD layers first, and if it does not find any it will assume the disc is a CD.
    MP3 CD's work just fine, but not MP3 DVD. Sorry.

3. SniperFox

SniperFox Guest

So what you are saying is that a stand alone dvd player that plays dvd-rs will not play a dvd made of mp3s? Nero gives you the option to make a dvd mp3 disc, so if I made a mp3 dvd I would just be making a coaster or something that just works in my computer?

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

It would probably only work in your computer.
    You would have to check your manuals, but to be honest I have never seen a set top player that will read MP3 DVD.
    They will all read MP3 CD, but this is a different puppy altogether. DVD players recognise DVD legal audio. This is also why you cannot - except in DVD-Audio - write 16/44.1 files as CD-Audio format to a DVD and have it play in a set top either.

It works in a computer as media players can read WAV files. Set tops cannot.

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I put MP3's on DVD and they play on my set top DVD Recorder. It just depends on the set top player or recorder you try playing them on. Some will work. Probably most will not.

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  7. SniperFox

SniperFox Guest

Thank you for the information, I was wondering because I wanted to get a dvd player for my entertainment center, right now I have my computer do everything and I always thought it would be great to have a certain genre of artists all on one dvd. Yeah I know a cd mp3 disc holds anywhere from 100 to 145 but a guy can be greedy can't he?!? lol

Thanks for the link and the info! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2004
  8. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I stand well corrected!
    Good link.