1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 playlists

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jmissiaen, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jmissiaen

jmissiaen Member

So here is my problem...I just got a new stereo for my car and it can play MP3 cd's...that's good...when I burn mp3's to a cd all the songs are out of order...thats bad
    Now I was wondering if I can use windows media player or some other FREE software to burn the mp3's in the order I want them (the same as the real CD)
    I am new to the whole MP3 cd thing so any help would be awesome.
    thanks,

Jman

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

an MP3 Cd for your car -- is a Data Cd with MP3 on it -- it is very different then an Audio CD that you compile yourself !

Data is read in alphabetical order when played !! Some car MP3 Player will read the Data and present you with the list of what's on the CD -- then you select the song you want to hear ! That is what I have in my own car; a screen with the songs listed in alphabetical order or a listing by directory that i select to see what is in them to choose .

If you want to have the songs in their original order -- make a copy of your original CD -- they will then play in that order.