1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 resampling to fit on CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by razzy8, Aug 23, 2004.

1. razzy8

razzy8 Guest

Hi,

This is my first post here and so i hope it's in the right forum.

I have a bunch of mp3s that are too big to fit on a 700mb CD. They are higher quality than I need. Is there a way to resample them with a program that will automatically chose the highest bitrate that will allow all the files to fit on a CD?

In other words, something like the what TMPGENc does with 'auto bitrate' for video conversion (where you can see how much of the CD will be used), but with multiple mp3s?

Finally, what is the best program for resampling MP3s in general?

Thanks
    -Razzy

2. razzy8

razzy8 Guest

not sure if I posted this in the right section, but I'm sure (if it is the right section) that SOMEONE must know the answer to my post?

Please...anyone?

-Razzy

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

re-coding a compressed file will seriously reduce the quality. it also depends on how big your mp3s are. if you want to compress over 1 gig worth, I wouldn't recommend it. but if its slightly over 700 then maybe you can recode a few to make it fit. programs like CDex and EAC can decode and recode mp3s.

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

5. razzy8

razzy8 Guest

nick2005, not what I was looking for, but thanks anyway.

djscoop, I know that I will loose quality with reducing the bitrate, that is not the issue. I would like to fit these mp3s on a 700mb CD as you mentioned. The problem is this: lets say I have 800 or 850mb of mp3s that I want to resample to fit on a 700MB CD. I would like a program that will provide me with the maximum bitrate for the MP3s. TMPGenc will do something like this for video. There is a progres bar @ the bottom and you can see when the CD is full.

I have tried EAC and it doesn't do this, but is it your opinion that EAC is the best program for resampling mp3s?

Thanks again djscoop & nick2005.
    Any other help would be appreciated.
    -Razzy

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I would have to say that EAC is the best program for resampling the mp3s. There are some that may be a little better but you have to pay for those. I would stick with EAC.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

razzy8

it's been a while since I've done any resampling, the last time I did it was to get my mp3's down to 128k for my mp3 player. I seem to recall using dbpower amp to do it, there's nothing better out there and it's free.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

check out a program called easy cd/da extractor. Just drag your mp3 into the window, select the size and output file format. I've used it and the quality it pretty good.
    here's a link, for a fully functional trial.
    http://www.poikosoft.com/