1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 ringtones dont work!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by el_che, Dec 23, 2004.

1. el_che

el_che Member

I have a V220 with Motorola Phone Tools. I love MPT, since, so far, its saving me a wad of cash in downloads, BUT....

after uploading 3 successful mp3 ringtones that worked as ring ID's, now none of them work. Instead I get a generic midi ring. I checked my themes, I reapplied each tone, and even reloaded them through MPT explorer and melody studio. I can apply a midi ring id with no problem. FYI the mp3 tones i chopped to about 20 sec @ 32kbps. I dont think size is the issue. I have about 1000 kb freespace. I tried searching the forum, but could find my answer. Any Ideas? Thanks.........

2. motodude

motodude Guest

After you uploaded the ringtones, restart the phone. Then set the ringtone.

3. el_che

el_che Member

Thanks motodude,

That did the trick. Simple solution. Why didn't I think of that?!

FYI - My cell phone service (cingular) was down once, and it wouldnt connect to the network. I thought it was the Cingular's issue but a tech told me to do the same thing; turn the phone off then back on. Apparently I had roamed and the phone connected to a non-cingular tower or something. Anyway, it reprogramed the connection protocol or something like that so it wouldnt connect to cingular towers. I just had to REBOOT the phone to reset it. At least thats what the tech told me.

Go figure.