1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 RINGTONES FOR D500?

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by mark&dawn, Mar 30, 2005.

1. mark&dawn

mark&dawn Member

i have the new samsung d500 and as most of you are aware it is capable of using mp3s as ringtones.

my question is this? how do i download mp3s? i have no software or data cable. i have managed to obtain a few from friends via bluetooth and infared.

my laptop has infared and i have successfully managed to transfer mp3 data from my phone to my laptop using infared but i do not know how to transfer mp3 data from my laptop to my mobile?

please help!

does anyone know where you can download ringtones (mp3s) free of charge, i have free wap!

2. russcula

russcula Guest

i dont know where you can get the mp3's for free maybe try a p2p like kazaa or ares. But with the transfer from laptop to phone i use bluetooth (get a bluetooth dongle or something there only £30). The samsung lets you access your bluetooth shared folder on your laptop so you can pick the files you want and put them on your phone. It can be difficult to set up but i did it with no help so you should be ok. There may be a way to do it with infra-red but i find blutooth so much easier.

3. swj

swj Member

4. swj

swj Member

Sorry forgot to add, forget about downloading mp3s use windows media player to rip your cds to mp3, then download your favourite tracks either too listen to or to use as ringtones.

5. wappy426

wappy426 Member

I cut up some funny mp3's and put them on my 426wap site but it works for any wap phone that handles mp3's or mmf's too...I'm still working on getting them to amr format for Jesses Nokia phone!

They are free at wap.giantweed.com (it's a wap site so you need an internet phone)Just click save on the mp3 title and it gets downloaded into your phone.

Hope you like em!