1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 splitting problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Nozza, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Nozza

Nozza Member

I have a DJ mix in the form of a large MP3 file and the relavent CUE file. I load it into Medieval CUE Splitter which appears to work fine and splits the file up into named MP3s. Great. Except when I play it back on my Ipod or Itunes where there is a slight blip/gap/jump between each track, which partially spoils the mix.

Thing is I've done one of these before which split seamlessly so I know it can be done - what the difference is here I don't know.

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Try a different splitter? MP3 DirectCut is free and works well for me. Try a different player? WinAmp has always been pretty tight. Different players have different amounts of 'look ahead'.

3. Nozza

Nozza Member

Yeah I tried that and a couple of others. None of them worked. It seems from researching this a bit that success is depedent on the MP3 encoding and the player. I can't change players since I have everything on itunes and my ipod.

It seems VBR MP3s are more problematic.

4. sethatwoo

sethatwoo Member

5. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

just download audacity, probably 1 of the best completely free audio editing program. you will need to download the mp3lame dll file to make it an mp3 file (just google it and ull find a download)