1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Splitting?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by alntht, May 7, 2003.

1. alntht

alntht Guest

I am new to the mp3 world, and I am looking for a freeware something to split some of my mp3s. Basically, I have mp3 files left over from divx movies and I want sound clips from them. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. alntht

alntht Guest

Thank you very much. It works great!

4. nik99

nik99 Regular member

cd,
    does this also work on a a batch basis...i.e if i have 20 mp'3 of which i want to shave 5 secs off the end can i do it for entire batch ..instaed of one by one ..iam looking for a s/w that can do that..?
    2-also i had read on this forum that feurio can split an entire album file mp3 into its separet tracks..DL ed that off this site ..didnt have any such function..or is that only on the pro version or something and not on freeware..pl clarify.and wat shd i use?

5. minix

minix Member

You can split an MP3 file with Feurio only for burning and you have to do it manually. No automatic detection of tracks. The editor is non destructive, so the file will not be modified: only for burning to CD-DA.

For the other task, I don't know, but maybe MP3Trim Pro.

6. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey,,i wanted it only for burning ..but where is the function hidden??in which toolbar..
    is there any other s/w besides mp3 trim pro that can trim a batch of mp3's..?

7. minix

minix Member

In Feurio you have to open the Track Editor.
    Then, place the cursor where you want to split, and press "Split Tracks (linked)" (it's in the toolbar or the "Action" menu).

I don't know what other programs can do that.
    There are lot of similar programs if you search in google, but I haven't tested them:
    http://www.softlandmark.com/VideoSplitter.htm

8. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey thanks dude..thats an awesome site..with very detalied descriptions of the features ..one of the best iv seen so far

9. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

http://www.google.com/search?q=mp3+split+batch&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
    This search returned MP3Surgeon (among others):
    http://www.sonicspot.com/mp3surgeon/mp3surgeon.html

10. nik99

nik99 Regular member

tks dude..tried mp3 surgeon ..but the damned trail version doesnt allow batch mode..so i cant test it also..so am STILL STUCK..trying somethig called mp3 butcher..

11. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey ,,im still stuck..somebody help me
    i still havent managed to find a single s/w that can trim a btach of mp3 equally..as in ..i can put 20/50/100 mp3 ..and give one command to trim 5 secs off the beginning and the end..

even mp3 suregon doenst have a time based trim.it requires..i think..to specify the trim on each track separtely and then it will trim it all together ..even in mp3 buthcher its the same..+even the tag name gets changed..

my prob is i have loads of these and cudnt possibly sit and chg indiv..
    pl pl help someone..

12. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ok..finally found the s/w i needed ..so wanna share it.since no one brght it up..does all i needed and more..quite amazing
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
    also need to install the dMC Power Pack.

pity the powerpacck is share ware

Minix:

Last edited: May 22, 2003