1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 TO CD HELP

Discussion in 'Audio' started by woofy1, Apr 8, 2005.

1. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Hi all, been doing the dvd movies thing for a while.
    But now i have a bunch of mp3 files that i want to play in my car cd player and not sure where to start. i burned a few disks then realized that they don't play in my car in that format. i have all the nero programs but don;t even know what format i am supposed to use for cd.
    any help would be great..

thanks in advance.

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Hi Woofy 1; If your car's CD player doesn't play MP3's then when you start up the Nero Burning ROM you must make sure you select Audio CD. By default, Mine opens with CD-ROM (ISO) preselected. Just click the Audio Cd & then click, New. You will then get Nero to convert the MP3's to CDA format (I think that's what it's called). These will play on stand alone players.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

4. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Great..thanks.. i tried that and i am now rockin in the car.

thanks again..

5. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Great to see that I was helpful, even though I wasn't exactly correct. It's nice to no that when I say something stupid that I will be corrected by someone that knows a little more than I do. Thanx to diabolos for the backup.

6. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

I've tried just about everything, and I was sure I'd done that in Nero but will give it another go.

However, what was the problem with your advice digidave? Do I still just click on Audio CD and it will do the rest?

7. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

Well I made another attempt today using Nero and the Audio CD burn and still have the same problem.

It records the first five or six songs OK but then the others almost sound like they are distorted and freezes on play.

I know it isn't the originally recorded MP3s because if I change the order on the CD, again the first five or six songs are OK and the rest aren't.

I'm burning at a slow speed, the slowest I can get which is 8x so I don't think that is the problem.

Could it be dust in the CD burner causing this problem? The only thing is we burn regularly VCDs and have no problem with the images at all.

I'm pretty technically minded and usually can solve all problems but this one really has me beat and totally frustrated.