1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jparx, Sep 1, 2004.

1. jparx

jparx Member

Anyone know how to burn mp3 files to dvd?

I have over 1,000 files that are 3.83 gigabytes. I would like to back them up on dvd and also be able to play them on dvd player. I have tmpgenc dvd Author.

thanks, Jparx

2. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

TMPGE will only do DVD-Videos (like playable in a standalone DVD player.)

If you want to backup the mp3's as data, you need to use a program that will brun data DVD's. Nero is a great one for that. You could also use EZ CD Creator.

3. jparx

jparx Member

thank for the reply. I bought Nero 6 but I don't like the interface. I have been using Nero 5.5 that came bundled with my cd r-rw. I tried to do a dvd with it but it gave an error because it was not the one it was bundled with.

I guess if I want to do this, I will have to install Nero 6. I don't mind using a wizard but 6 seems to take away all control.

Thank you again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!

jparx

4. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Once you burn the mp3's to a dvd disc, i'm not sure if you will be able to play them on your stand alone dvd player. I've tried playing mp3's and vcd's on a dvd disc in my player and it didn't work. But when i burnt the same files to cd-r it worked. Maybe you wont have that that problem but i'm sure i've seen a few other people here have the same problem.

Can anyone explain to me why they will play on a cd-r but not dvd+r ?

5. jparx

jparx Member

I am not certain but I would surmise that when the player first checks the disk, it determines whether it is a dvd or cd or vcd. If it is a cd then it will look for files formatteed as mp3. If it detects a dvd, it looks for audio_ts and video_ts forlders.

I don't know if you can fool it by saving audio files as mpeg1 or if it is even possible to convert mp3 to mpeg. Maybe convert mp3 to ac30. I don't know very much about this but this is my guess.

jparx