1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3's on dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by slmh1296, Jan 22, 2004.

1. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

I would like to put my mp3's on a dvd-r disk but be able to throw the dvd-r in my stand alone player and be able to see the titles on my TV and be able to select the one i want to play or i may be pushing it but select a bunch for play back has anybody done this or know if it can be done.thanks

2. champman

champman Member

Just be sure before you use the disk that an mp3 DVD is fully compatible with your stand-alone DVD player.

Check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php for more info.

Also use well known brands.

3. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

I know my stand alone will play both mp3 and dvd-r.So does anybody know about this.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

First of all, just because it plays MP3 and DVD-R doesn't mean it will play MP3 on DVD-R, so if the manual doesn't mention that specifically you should still check to see if anyone has reported it on that site. Beyond that, the exact format for the disk depends on your player. Some players will only read MP3s that are in the root directory of the disk and some allow you to have them in subdirectories. Some will read long filenames and some won't (or will truncate them to shorter names). Basically it depends on the brand of player, and sometimes on the specific model.

5. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

I checked out the web site and it sure sounds capable also in some of the reviews it sounds like pepole have done it does anybody have a idea on the software to use or a guide.thx

6. vurbal

You should be able to use whatever your normal burning program is, make a data disk, and add the files/directories. If you're not sure about filename or subdirectory support (and it makes a difference to you) you should probably test it out with a CD-R first so you don't waste a DVD-R.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  7. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

I think newer Dvd players can play Dvd mp3's.

cheezzzz

8. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

I know how to be able to play them. But how do I get like a menu on the screen to show all the titles

9. vurbal

That's up to the DVD player. However it displays them is what you're stuck with. If there are any tricks that will let you change how it displays them, it should be in the manual that came with the player.