1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ps2hunter, Jun 10, 2005.

1. ps2hunter

ps2hunter Member

I just want to convert some CD's into mp3 and put them on a portable player, does ANYBODY make a good, easy to understand, software for this. I don't care about all that technical crap. I just want to put CD's onto a portable player. I've tried musicmatch and it sucked beyond belief, even paid money for the "plus" version. Please somebody help!!!

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

3. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

4. brasseaux

brasseaux Member

I have nero 6 on my computer. Is auidograbber compadible with nero 6?

thanks

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Everyone will say EAC is the best, even better than audiograbber.

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I've been using Easy CD-DA Extractor for years now. It has the most formats you can convert to, and lets you set the exact bitrate, etc. Very straightforward.

7. ps2hunter

ps2hunter Member

I meant EASY TO UNDERSTAND. We have tried countless times to do this using the links provided and are having no luck whatsoever. We can't even get it installed so we can do the "Lame thing" (whatever that is). We want something we can simply install and use without having a programming degree. We've both installed countless things on countless computers and have never had this much trouble doing anything. I don't need anything that needs "configuring", I SIMPLY want to install and use a program so I can SIMPLY insert a cd, copy it, and put it into a device such as my mp3 player. I Really appreciate ya'lls help but we don't spend all of our time on the computer, so we don't know about all that technical stuff involved here. Thanks again.

8. .//bodom

.//bodom Guest

Neph says I need to better the world by sitting in a tub of gasoline and torching myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2005
  9. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Hey calm down. None of us said we spend all of our time on a computer. Geez. And dont use CAPS as it sounds like your shouting.

Anyway if you really are finding EAC a mission to set up then the latest version of Windows Media Player v10.0 can encode to mp3. All you have to do is choose a directory to rip to and what bitrate u want. Its very easy. But FYI the files wont sound as good as EAC could make them so you do suffer loss of quality. But if your not bothered by that then there is no problem. And also, EAC really isnt that hard to set up. Just follow the guide and in 10 mins you could be creating the best sounding mp3's on earth.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  10. .//bodom

.//bodom Guest

try itunes. www.apple.com/itunes i believe is the address, otherwise just try www.apple.com and find your way there. you pop a cd in, and it says "go?" and you say "go" and it goes and goes and goes all night long. keeps your entire music library organized too. btw if you want to get a free ipod hit up the link on the post above this one. totally free, just complete an offer and they ship that shit right to your house.

11. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Remove the link from your 1st post as this is considered advertising and the mods will grill you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  12. bobright

bobright Guest

I've used this program before to, and I actually liked it. Pretty fast and does have most formats you can convert to. Compared to EAC you think It's up there sound-wise?

13. bobright

bobright Guest

Bump

anyone, familiar with cd-da extractor??/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2005
  14. angelS111

angelS111 Member

15. behrad

behrad Regular member

YOu should try free Rip.
    Not only is it free, but you can control heaps of attributes as well.
    It even has IMDB support, so when you pop in an audio CD, the filenmes and all IDtag info will be automaticaly downloaded and placed in the mp3 version as well.

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

freedB, not IMDB. most rippers do that now. and EAC is still the best.

17. bobright

bobright Guest

CD DA - no good?

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I use BlazeMediaPro,because it lets you mess with not only audio but also video.Not actually bad to be honest it can deal with numerous formats also,pretty simple to use.You just drag and drop in what you want to convert and let it do all the work for you.I haven't tried out EAC or CDDA extractor,but they could also be pretty good.I like BlazeMediaPro though,it keeps everything pretty simple for me.

19. papabois

papabois Member

After reading about EAC on these forums I've downloaded and installed it. I'd just started to use the Creative MediaSource Organizer that came with the Audigy 2 card I have (as well as my Creative Zen Extra MP3 player).

My ordinary ears can't seem to tell the difference between the MP3 file ripped with Creative MediaSource and that ripped with EAC.

Can anyone say how good (or bad)the Creative MediaSouce is for converting to MP3 and WMA files.

20. djscoop

djscoop Active member

EAC is the best because of its superior ripping ability. The other quality aspect falls on what type of encoder it is. LAME is reguarded as the best, so the quality of your creative software depends on how well the CD is ripped, the codec used, and the encoding bitrate.