1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp4 file not playable on Ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by GeeSlimmy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I have Ps3 v.1.6. I'm also using Nero 6. I'm trying to burn the Mp4 file to CD with Nero 6. I tried to burn the CD selecting CD-ROM (ISO) but the file was not playable on my Ps3. So, I tried to select CD Audio and the Audio played but no video on my Ps3. I see 3 other options from the CD dropdown prompt: VCD, Super CD, and Mini DVD. When I select any of the 3 options and attempt to burn a CD I try to select Burn Complilation button but it is greyed out. I also tried selecting Nero Express but the Burn button is greyed out there as well.

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

PS3 is very pickie about what it plays, the MP4 movie has to be encoded at a certain level and the header is different as well.
    Am not sure about PS3 reading the movies from discs... as i think you have to place them on the hard drive.
    The file name of the MP4 cannot contain any spaces, otherwise the PS3 wont download them to the hard drive.

3. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

What can I watch these movies with do I need to buy a flash card and reader. That will probably be the same scenario.? What is the workaround besides putting them on my Ps3 hard drive?

4. Sudds

Sudds Active member

If you have a PSP memory card and its 1gig or higher, you could place your movie into the VIDEO folder and play it from that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

6. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Good stuff, but instead of burning it to disc, use Red Kawa File Server to transfer the MP4 to your PS3 .