1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 is buggered

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by swanny25, Dec 12, 2007.

1. swanny25

swanny25 Guest

hi there please let there be someone out there that can help me my partner got me a mp4 yesterday (second hand)and tried to format from what i gather it said if formatted please dont use fat32 just fat and my boyfriend went and formatted it using fat32 now there is nothing on my mp4 not even the settin please can someone help me with this problem many thanks for takin the time to read this sarah

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I am sure formatting was a huge mistake. It was formatted correctly in the factory. What makes you think you know better than the factory how it is supposed to be formatted? How you you know you formatted the player with a format the player can read? Your in trouble if the player can't read itself.

Google Media Monkey. Install the free version and see if you can access the player. NEVER format a player unless you know what you are doing or format using a utility provided by the player.

Is it one of these cheap Chinese players? I bought one for $15 plus $35 shipping. I never found a way to reset it. Once it got confused it became worthless.

3. swanny25

swanny25 Guest

to be honest am not sur eif its cheap or not picked it up from ebay called truer i think as far as i know