1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 Issues

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by fweeparoo, May 10, 2007.

1. fweeparoo

fweeparoo Member

I just purchased an mp3/mp4 player from China, and I can't seem to figure out how to get music onto it yet, and the instructions aren't that clear. I am only slightly familliar with iTunes, so if anyone can help me out, that would be great!

2. D33BO

D33BO Member

Hey man,
    I have one of those things too. I just plug it into my pc using the included usb cable, and the pc should automatically recognize the device and it should show up on your desktop, asking what you would like to do, open files, view folders, etc.
    if you look under "my computer", it should be listed as "drive E" or whatever. you can open it up as a folder and just click and drag your music into it there. or , you can use the handy dandy Windows media player and create a playlist, then transfer it to your player by clicking "sync"
    hope this helps
    Deebo

3. fweeparoo

fweeparoo Member

Is there a certain format that they have to be in in order for them to actually show up on my player? I noticed that any music that I have that automatically opens with Windows Media Player uploads to my mp4, but those that are itunes formatted will go into the folder and show up as "being" there, but they don't play.

By the way, thank you for your help! It is appreciated.

4. D33BO

D33BO Member

I think the itunes files play specificly on the apple ipods only. as far as I know, mine only played mp3's wma's and video converted to AMV format using the conversion tool on the drive disc included with the player. so actually they can't even call those things mp4 players, when they dont even support the format. I think thought, that you can convert an mp4 to an amv using the above noted tool. hope this helps,]
    Deebo

5. newtomp4

newtomp4 Member

Connect the usb cable to the player and your computer. Then you will see a new drive, then just copy and paste the music to that new drive.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  6. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Yeah you can do this or right click the file you want to send and go to send to then your removable disk.Its that simple!