1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 on xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by xBRFCx, Jan 8, 2012.

1. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

i used to be able to watch mp4 video files but since the new update their won't play no more have m$ blocked them from playing?the files are ufc rudos .mp4

2. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

:Downmixing if needed:

Almost every single new application or media player will play 5.1 audio and even if it cant it will downmix to stereo but the xbox 360 is awkward, So heres how you use the encodes we very kindly share for free.

after following the guide you will have 1 MP4 file with 1 x video track and 2 x audio tracks - audio track 1 is the 2 channel stereo @ 128 kbps and the 5.1 is between 384 kbps / 448 kbps and thats how to tell them apart

down load this app >>>> http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MP4Muxer

make a new folder anywhere you like and i mean any where and name it " MP4Muxer " it wont need installed just extract the rar file after download to your new mp4 muxer folder and then have a peek inside and youll see :

1 x read me .txt = ignore it
    1 x mp4creator = ignore that aswell
    1 x MP4Muxer = green circle and thats what we want biggrin.gif double click to open it

1- when it starts click on Demultiplex
    2- browse to the MP4 with the 2 audio tracks
    3- left click once to highlight the 5.1 audio ( its the track with the highest bitrate )
    4- click delete track

then wait about 2 mins at most your file is now xbox 360 compatible or anything else that can only read stereo

delete track 2 if you only want 5.1 audio and its that simple no more muxing or messing
    this sames to make the xbox 360 play mp4 files