1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 PLAYER HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by jordan25, May 6, 2006.

1. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

i bought a portable mp4 player from china for my son. When i got here i put music onto it, it worked i put pics onto it, it worked then i put in mp4 videos and whent to movies in my mp4 and it says no files found.
    What am i doing wrong do i need a certain video converter or do i need to do something with the driver cd i got. Please help i need this to be ready to give to my son.

2. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

Also i have a "tom and jerry" video but when i connect my mp4 player to my laptop i cant see no "tom and jerry" video.
    Its made my lucky star

3. bbeat

bbeat Guest

its a mp4, but i think you can only play dmv or mtv video format, check wich one is the good.

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Explain the process you use to put dvd's onto you're son's mp4 player and then i might be able to help you.
    (I'm preety sure it's a format problem)

5. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

it only supports amv however i dont know which is the best converter any ideas?

6. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Jordan the most likely problem is that the movies aren't in the right format when you put them on you're mp4.
    Could you please give me the name of the mp4 player so that i can help you more(even if you bought it off the market).

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2006
  7. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

'AMV' is a format and does work however i found a converter for video's to change 2 amv but it isnt good DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST CONVERTER TO CONVERT TO AMV?

8. lonnie23

lonnie23 Member

so i have to convert my videos AMV? what site do i have to do that at?

9. lonnie23

lonnie23 Member

hey, i got the software that lets u put videos on the mp4 player and they actualy work

10. wrestln

wrestln Guest

same wit jordan i got a mp4 and put all my music on it but wen i tried to put videos on it, it wouldnt come up where do i get amv format videos from please help me!!!!!!

11. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

I FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT (thank god, i was about to break it)
    first for some reason MP4's dont work on an MP4 player!
    So you download any format of video (mpg is what i usally get)
    Then with the cd you got with the MP4 player it's probably called boot cd or somehting. There should be a converter on it install it on to your computer and convert your video's on them. The just copy and paste the finished amv or mtv file to your MP4.
    If by any chance you have lost the cd or need more help on converting them so it comes out in the best uality as possible here is a website you can download it from and they tell you how to use it so your amv's or mtv's come out the best quality as possible.
    http://www.mympxplayer.com/
    scroll to the bottom and pick any of the AMV converter tools or the mtv converter tool . (I use amv converter tool 3.68 the most stable and best one)then when you click on iy read the description and then click on the instructions link if you want to get your video's to the best uality as possible.
    Finally the difference between amv and mtv files is they are different formats usally they dont both work on an MP4 player. amv is better because the file size comes out smaller and better quality. Test out which one works on your MP4 player.

12. Macmj

Macmj Member

Hey MAN... I cant THANK YOU enough!!
    I was in the same situation, and now thanks to you, I got IT!
    =)
    So, thanks very much, the image is great!!!
    Just the sound could be better.. LOL!!!
    =)

13. dymx

dymx Guest

How did you get it to work. I also have an Mp4 player and downloaded the amv converter 3.68. I tried to convert an avi file but it says Error! Has that happened to anyone. Please help me.

14. babigurl

babigurl Guest

im having a problem with mine two....my videos are already amv format but i dont know how to get them on .... iv tryed putting them on the same as putting the music on but it doesnt show up what do i do?!

15. Macmj

Macmj Member

Oh man... I just did as Jordan25 said!
    And it worked pretty good to me!
    Maybe your model is different .. I dunno! =(
    I wish I could help ya.

Good Luck guys!

16. JTS1234

JTS1234 Member

I bought one of these china MP4 digital players, a Nano knock off, 2 gb. I just want to play music. I sync'd it with my windows media player (11) and had problems. I tried to just cut and paste, still problems. I tried just puting MP3's on it and still problems.

The problem is if i load more then 10 to 12 songs, after the 10 or 12th song it says format error and shuts off. I tried different songs, still does it. If i put less the 10 songs it's fine. I tried to Format it, didnt help. When i put 50 some songs on it at first it only used maybe a quarter of the space.

I just cant figure out what the problem is. Any one know?

17. UdayLFC

UdayLFC Member

^^try putting your music in folders
    for eg....put metallica songs in a metallica folder.......
    even i hav a problem......wen i play videos on my mp4 player.....they play for about 20 seconds and den a msg comes saying format error....any idea y???i hav amv converter 4.03

18. somexgirl

somexgirl Member

the "mympxplayer" url does not work anymore... and it seems like thats the only place to get an amv converter!
    If you can find any other place that has a free amv converter that I can download, could you please email me? I'm at my wits end trying to find one....

19. sid1100

sid1100 Guest

20. hUnIBuNi

hUnIBuNi Member

sid1100...i went on the first website you gave but what software do i download if i want to convert mpg/mp4 to AMV? shall i download AMVtool.zip or just AMV.zip?? pls help