1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 PLAYER HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by jordan25, May 6, 2006.

1. aryin

aryin Member

If you have an MP3/MP4 player that supports .AMV video playback, then you will need the following tool to convert your videos to a .AMV file such as convert AVI to AMV, MPEG to AMV, ASF to AMV so it will be playable on your player.
    This AMV Video Converter is free and can convert almost all video files to amv video.

2. lizajane

lizajane Member

Hi! My husband ordered a 4gig player from hong kong has worked great for about a week and then went to plug it in to charge it last night now all I have is a blue screen with an hourglass on it and it's been that way since about yesterday this time!! Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it!!!!

3. NRL619

NRL619 Member

Browse for a converter from here.

4. Muning

Muning Member

Kindly help me this one...
    I'm having a hard time going to repair shops just to fix my player... My player is a Luxpro Pico mp4 player. It sometimes "hang" and then when i push the reset button, there it goes... it doesn't respond anymore when reactivated... I think its firmware was corrupted... So I tried to download some firmware in the company site but I can't find any suitable and new firmware for my player... I already checked for viruses but there's none.. What other solutions can you give just to fix that player?
    Thanks!

5. NRL619

NRL619 Member

I suggest you format your player.Instructions can be found here. Try that and see if it works.

6. NRL619

NRL619 Member

I believe that the 4gig player is hacked. I suggest you format it.Intructions can be found here. If that doesn't work, it may be a firmware problem.
    Just try the format and if that doesn't work, ill post instructions on how to update firmware.

7. MaggiB

MaggiB Guest

I purchased a player on ebay and the software they sent me included spyware and malware called win32.fujack. Fortunately my AVG free picked it up and refused to download it.

I searched for 5 hours for a AMV maker that would work on my computer and earlier versions of AMV Converter kept bringing up a message saying "NEEDS DIRECTX 7.0 and later to work" When I have Direct 10 already.

So tried installing the latest October 2008 version into C drive instead of another and its great! I make nice, clear AMV's on my Cheap Hong Kong MP4 Player. Very happy.

Here is the link for the latest link removed -google it

There is a English manual and software for upgrading firmware as well! Its the MISSING LINK for many of these cheap mp4s.

Good luck, have a go.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  8. ene62905

ene62905 Guest

i need help i didnt read all the pages on this forum but i just received my mp4 player from hongkong.......went to the music part and it had two songs on it already but now i don't know how to get off of there....please help i need the BASICS on how to work this thing

9. helpme192

helpme192 Member

Please tell me how do I upload songs in JXD 685 mp4 player?
    Is there any other way than doing it in the computer? What is it and how do i do it?
    How do u do it with the computer?
    When i open video recorder it says please check input line and mode.

10. 87nomad87

87nomad87 Member

hy,
    i bought an mp4 player (16GB and touch screen - its an china copy :)
    but it works very well...

my problem is: I only could use the converter on the disc that cames with the mp4 player. but I lost the disc and now I need a replacement. I cant remember the name of the converter (its AMV).

U can see the type of the mp4 player in this link:
    http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/2-8-inch-touch-screen-mp4-player-16-gb/

I really need this program to convert.
    hopefully somebody has an idea from where I can get an replacment converter

thanks

11. NRL619

NRL619 Member

Heres an amv converter.

Enjoy!

12. Claire01

Claire01 Member

13. JessMP4

JessMP4 Guest

Hello...

Yesterday I got a MP4 , 8GB player..
    I put 31 songs on & today my cousin started listening to music.
    I don't know what happened but now all the songs play for 10 seconds then switch to the next song.. It is getting very annoying & I don't know how to fix it.
    I have read other posts about this but I haven't quite seemed to work it out..
    where is the Play Menu ??

Anybody know how to fix this??
    I don't want to go return it for another one as that will make my mum angry :(

pleaseeee help
    Cheers
    Jess x

14. JessMP4

JessMP4 Guest

Hey Ene62905

All you need to do is press and hold down the menu button.
    after about 3 seconds it will go back to menu :)

15. Mez

Mez Active member

I have posted this once but it is pages back by now.

Limit your syncs with these devices. They then to die after a sync. Figure what you want, put it on then leave it on. They last on average about 12 syncs. With some not even surviving 1 sync. If you wanted to do more your should have bought a name brand player. They can be had for as little as 15 USDs. Chipods are not a good deal at all.