1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG-2 audio sampling rate?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by burk, Jan 24, 2005.

1. burk

burk Member

I have some MPEG-2 files that I would like to change the audio sampling rate on. The rate they were captured in is not compatable with my DVD player. Any suggestions as to the easiest way to keep the MPEGs and just change the audio.

Thanks
    Burk

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The easiest way is BeSweet + its GUI. A DVD needs a 48 kHz audio, a (S)VCD 44.1 kHz.
    On BeSweet, check 'SSRC - deconvert sample rate' and it'll make the sample rate conversion, if needed: 48 kHz --> 44.1 kHz [for (S)VCD] or 44.1 kHz --> 48 kHz (for DVD).
    To tell it the MP2 use, choose, as profile, 'MP2 for DVD' for DVDs or 'MP2 for SVCD' for (S)VCDs.
    But TMPGenc accept it, and makes sort of conversion by itself from the input WAV/MP2 file but you'll a little worse quality). You can set its quality at the maximum checking in TMPGenc [bold] Environmental Setting___Audio Engine___sampling frequency convertor = High quality (very slow) [/bold]or choosing SSRC as external program (of course, again SSRC!). ut the use of BeSweet is the most elegant and the fastest.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005