1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG 2 EDIT SOFTWARE PROGRAM

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by 95991, Mar 20, 2007.

1. 95991

95991 Member

Have camcorder that shoots in 1080i and also avi. Two functions. What software program will edit/cut/transition/titles /audio control the best? Any idea as the WMM Program will not accept MPEG-2. Does the MPEG-2 Tape have to be converted to AVI before you can edit? If so what about the quality? Can burn using any dvd burner? Using non H/D dvd disc is ok? Thanks for you help!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

There are some video editing programs that edit MPEG-2, but at the end it is going to be re-encoded anyway, so you may just as well convert your material to DV-AVI so that you can use any video editing program.
    A tutorial for conversion can be found here (written for DVD conversion, but can also be used for MPEG files):
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/tutorials/dvdedit.php

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  3. 95991

95991 Member

Camcorder HDTV 1080I tape to dv-avi converter and then to edit program? Is this the shortest route? Not sure what is happening so can you walk me through it? I use Windows Movie Maker somethimes. Or NERO VISION. Also have Cyberlink power director 5. Will any of these programs do? Thankyou Again_________ Let`s see: convert then edit /transitions and burn?

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Oops, I missed the firts part of your post.
    What is your camcorder model and to what medium are you recording?

5. 95991

95991 Member

Sony Cam. HDR-HC7 H/D Mini DV Tape, Also mini dv tape . Two formats but the H/D Mepg-2 is what I`m concerned about. This cam. shoots in 1080I.

6. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

OK.
    Many video editing programs have recently added native HDV support, so there is no need to do any conversion (but not WMM).
    A very nice program at a reasonable price is Adobe Premiere Elements which has HDV support. Also the higher end Pinnacle Studio products support HDV.

7. 95991

95991 Member

Do you know? Video/Audio edit,transitions,chapters, write credits and camcorder tape in [h/d and standard] software program that will do all thes features? Also burn to DVD and encode mpeg-2 to dv-avi. Need one good program that will do of thes things. Windows Movie Maker does some of these things but no chapters. Will not cut out [blank] areas in video however. Just one [1] software program that will do all of these features would be graet. No mega bucks please. Thank You, BIG AL CA.

8. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Adobe Premiere Elements does it all.
    I don't know if you call $100 Megabucks...

9. 95991

95991 Member

Adobe premier Emement 3.0. Is that the correct version? No $100.00 is no megabucks. Thanks for you help, BIG AL; CA.

10. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Yep, when spelled correctly that's it ;-)
    I'm pretty sure you will love it...

11. 95991

95991 Member

Sorry I got excited! Take Care and by the way----THANK YOU, BIG AL CA. Sure did`nt know you could create chapters and and titles at the beginning and ending of the video. That`s just great that it does!