1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG 2 or DVD VOB ST

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jinkazuya, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Well, I think most of you right now, not most but probably a majority, use Winavi to convert your video, don't you? Well, my question is when you try to convert it, which format would be better? Should I convert the RM into MPEG 2 or DVD vob? Are they the same or different? If I convert it into DVD format, when I use Nero to encode it, it takes less time to do so. But if I convert it into MPEG 2, it takes approximately 2 hours or some to finish the encoding. What do you guys suggest?

DVD format if converted: sometimes the movie might repeat the same scene or scenario. For example, the movie is divided into 9 parts. 123456789. If I convert my RM video into DVD vob or st, sometimes, the movies doesn't go pretty smooth, it will go like 123345677889 like this, which repeat the same scene.

If I convert my RM into MPEG and let NERO vision to do the thing...This will never happen.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I have had this problem with VOBs and NeroVision Express. The video from a previous chapter was repeated but the correct audio was playing.

Well ignoring the repeat problem how does the quality compare?