1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg-2 to dvd, larger then 4.7, dvd shrink VOB error! PL help.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mattdaddy, Nov 16, 2003.

1. mattdaddy

mattdaddy Member

HI, im new to the board and have been searching relentleslly for this. ok first off i've managed to turn a divx to mpeg-2 and authored it. Everything works perfectly except I can't burn it using Nero or Dvd author because file is larger the 4.7 . Now I tried to shrink the vob files in video_ts, with dvd shrink, but when i try to open the video_ts files it gives me an error..saying (cannot decrypt VOBs and unkown error). this is with video_ts my ifo file and vts_01_0. can anyone help me out? or is their an easier way to burn this onto my dvd-r? please help.

thanks in advancxe...matt

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

When authoring a DVD, the VIDEO_TS folder must be labelled in all caps in order to be compatible with the DVD format. Is your's labelled this way?

I don't know if DVDShrink is as sensitive about this matter as the DVD player, but try relabelling the VIDEO_TS folder in all caps if you haven't sdone so already, and then see if Shrink will be happier with it.

Good luck.....

3. mattdaddy

mattdaddy Member

yes it is already in caps... any other suggestions for shrinking my mpeg-2?