1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg and DVDit

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arkosh, Nov 22, 2002.

1. arkosh

arkosh Guest

Hello all
    Im a newb please help.
    Im assembling scenes with avid Xpress dv and want to burn, with chapters, using DVDit. I am exporting m2v(mpeg2 from xpress) files from Xpress. I get two files a m2v file and wave file, is that correct? DVDit wont rcognize the m2v file.
    Thank for any help!

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

DVDit supports m2v files. What's the error message you get?

3. arkosh

arkosh Guest

I get a message saying to make sure I have propper codec installed. I dont see how or where to get propper codec, and thought that m2v would be native to dvdit.

thax for reply!

4. arkosh

arkosh Guest

Hello again

The exact error is:
    "DVDit could not find a suitable
    decoder for "filename"
    Please ensure that you have a valid
    decoder installed."

Another question, does the bit rate settings affect the playability of a disc in set top boxes? I burned, in avid, a disc at 8mbps tha played fine on my set top and comp. I then burned another, in avid again, at 4mbps that wouldnt play in the same set top box.

Thank you for help.

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

The bitrate setting would probably depend on your player's implimentation. It's a good idea not to deviate too far from the 6Mbps mark, as it may be pushing the playback capability of your player.

I have not had any problems importing m2v into DVDit, but then it maybe because I have the Ligos codec loaded.

6. arkosh

arkosh Guest

Can I drag the ligos codec from sonic MyDvd to DVDit? MyDVD has no problem opening anything.

Thanks for help