1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mpeg Audio Sync in Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bryonfilm, Apr 12, 2005.

1. bryonfilm

bryonfilm Member

I have a problem that just keeps nagging me and that I desperatly need a solution to. I am a filmmaker, and I made a 40 minute film for my senior project. I shot all the footage and then captured and edited it in Adobe Premiere. I exported the final video as MICROSOFT DV AVI. I then authored it in Pinnacle Studio as a DVD and burned it using Nero. It skipped terribly. I tried different programs. Same thing. I then converted the AVI to Mpeg and still the same thing. I tried a new DVD burner and still the same thing.

I then took all the files and built the DVD the same way on my sisters computer (a lesser quality machine) and installed my DVD burner on there. I burned it and it DIDN'T SKIP AT ALL!!! (Now I noticed I can't even play the AVI files on my computer without them skipping, even in Winamp or WMP. Weird.) Anyway, what I noticed is that about 20 minutes into the film, the audio becomes unlinked and slowly out of sync. It doesn't do this in the viewer in Studio, just on the final DVD. It's annoying, it looks like a Japanese film with bad audio syncing. I have researched but what I found was not helpful. Please tell me what I can do to fix this problem, I need to have it completed by May 7th. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  2. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

Sorry I wont be any help , but I'm having a similar problem. I've been churning out DVDs from .vobs and .mpeg2 files for about a year.
    Except for a few failures, most have gone well.
    Now, I've got an .mpeg2 movie file I just completed using ArcSoft's
    ShowBiz program, which plays perfectly in M'soft Media Player. But twice now burned to DVD discs, and the sound is out of sync. As in your case, it seems it worsens as the movie progresses.
    I reran the firmware update for my HP DVD+ drive, but that didnt help. Windows XP has its own ASPI drivers I am told, and I'm hesitant to make any change there....after all, many successes in past. Hope someone can suggest help for us.