1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG Files To DVd ?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by topgazza, Aug 24, 2007.

1. topgazza

topgazza Member

I know I'm being dumb but I have an IFO and an MPEG file and have no idea what to use to burn them to DVD. Any advice appreciated.

2. topgazza

topgazza Member

Not sure what mpeg it is but it is 3.9gb in size and curiously Power DVD sees the file, opens it and "plays" but no sound or picture...

Original question remains though...mpeg to DVD...TMPGE doesnt even see the file...help!

3. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

Most likely your file is a VOB file. You can use NeroVision or ConvertXtoDVD to convert it to a DVD. If it is a straight rip from a DVD and has all the specs of a DVD then NeroVision won't have to reencode it.

P.S. Don't use PowerDVD. Use VLC.

P.P.S. Next time just edit your post.

4. topgazza

topgazza Member

I usually do edit...I think I was having a bad evening.....

The recording is from a Sky+ box and from what I can gather from Sky forums it is MPEG2. If I run it through DVDEncrypter I can then use IMGburn to burn it to DVD. Takes a while though. I thought the likes of Nero could copy MPEG2. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the tip ref VLC...I'll give it a go.

5. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

I don't know what you mean by 'DVD Encrypter',please elaborate, but encoding a movie will usually take a while depending on how fast of a computer you have.

The only way you could use Nero to encode to DVD is NeroVision. Here is a guide by alkohol. Even though it's a guide for avi to dvd, it should be the same for your file.

6. topgazza

topgazza Member

DOH!

That should be DVD Decrypter..excellent program.

Thanks for the tip....its been a fair old while since I've done all this stuff so I'm a bit rusty and having rebuilt my PC I had lost all the various programs "you" collect. I appreciate your help...