1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG Resizing doesnt work with tmpgenc need help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bez81, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Bez81

Bez81 Member

I have some Mpegs I have downloaded. I want to put them on dvd but the preview shows that its not full screen.
    So i use Tmpgenc to change the resolution, I can get it full screen left to right but No matter what height you set it stays the same it doesnt change.

How do you change the resolution of mpegs Tmpgenc doesnt seem to do this properly.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

DVD"s have a Set resolution so you can NOT deviate from this..Even if you could Make it look Full screen all of the Poeple would Look really Tall and Skinny, so basicly it comes down to that you can Not make a Widescreen Movie Full screen without distorting the Image..Plus it isn"t the Resolution that determines how your Image Looks it is the Aspect ratio...

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

don't change the resolution, change the video arrange method. calculate wisely.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes..Set the "Video Arrange Method" to "Full Screen(Keep Aspect ratio)" this will Maximize the size of the Image without distorting the Image....And the way the Mpeg files Look on your PC useing Media Player is not the way they will look on TV cuz Media Player displys Video useing it"s resolution and Your TV/DVD Player will Display the Image useing it"s aspect ratio...If you use a Software DVD Player it should display the Image properly....