1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG to DVD problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Scotty27, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Scotty27

Scotty27 Member

Hi, trying to convert a lot of mpeg's to dvd so i can watch on my DVD player rather than computer. The mpeg are about 450Mb so am trying to fit about 7-8 on dvd and use menus on the dvd main menu to pick what i want to watch.
    Any suggestions?

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Yo Scotty27
    The best way to do this is to use DVDLab which
    you can find here http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/
    and here is a tutorial on using it http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm
    you wont be able to fit all you mpegs on one DVD. Anywhere from 2 or more depending on size.
    This is absolutely the best way to create menus and chapters for playing your Mpegs on DVD stand alone.

Also make sure that your DVD stand alone player will play the DVD media you are using.

Follow the tutorial to start once you have that down you can get really creative with DVDLab (tons of options and very professional) definetly worth the money if you cant find it for free (thats on you, do the research on google or get it from someone you know)

I hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask me, i'll be more than glad to help you out.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi scotty
    You could put that many on a dvd, if you made them mpeg 1's instead of mpeg 2.(vcd picture and sound quality)
    I use TMPGEnc dvd author(not as detailed but easier to use, then dvd lab)to make your vob files and then burn using dvd authors writting tool or the program of your choice.
    this method,like the one Navig8r suggested, is just two, of many ways to do what your looking to do.

good luck
    jim

4. Scotty27

Scotty27 Member

Is there anyway i can compress the mpegs so i can fit more on to a dvd.

5. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

I believe you can do this with TMPGEnc, but its not really recommended because you seriously lose quality, as your mpegs are already compressed

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes you can do that with TMPGEnc mpeg encoder or several others.I did say it was vcd, which is considered tv quality.I use this method for watching on smaller tvs and portables for traveling etc.
    You asked if it could be done,not which gives you the best results. :)