1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by ChrilleW, Jun 3, 2004.

1. ChrilleW

ChrilleW Member

I captured TV to mpeg-files. Now I´ve tried to change it to DVD. But audio and video are asynchron. I demuxxed the mpeg-file to one audio and one video-file (*.m2v and *.mp2). But the two files are not the same length (audio is about 4 seconds shorter than video!). At the beginning audio and video are synchron but not till the end. So moving the audio file to the end (by gapping) doesn´t change the problem because so audio and video are asynchron at the beginning of the movie. I think I had to stretch the audio file but don´t know how to do it. Does anybody can help me? Please excuse my bad english, I´m from germany

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to try stretching the Audio to the Same length as the Video to fix the Sync problem then First you will need to decompress the Mp2 file into a Wav file...
    Now you will need a Good Audio editor like "Goldwave" or Sound Forge 7 to stretch the audio....
    If useing goldwave you Run the Program and then load in the audio file and then go "Effect" to "Time Warp" and at the top put a Check in the box next to "Length" and then put the New Length in the Space provided, Make sure you put in the Exact length of the Video File and then Click "OK" ..Now go to "File" to "save as" and save the File as a "Wav" file and after it has been saved as a Wav file you can use something like "Tmpgenc" to encode the Wav audio back to DVD Compliant MP2 audio file and then author the Files to DVD....

I hope this helps....Cheers

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Can someone help me? I have an Adaptec VideOh! 2000 card and I am using Sonic MyDVD. When I capture video, it turns it into an MPEG file, and I would like to convert that into a DVD. I tried using Sonic MyDVD to do this, but it says I'm missing some dll file and the program locks up. Is there any other software (freeware preferrably) that can do this, that is somewhat user-friendly, hopefully?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you used the Correct DVD settings to capture the Mpeg file then all you need to do is author the Mpeg file to DVD useing a DVD authoring Program...
    I don"t know of any freeware DVD authoring Programs but there are some that you can use for 30 days in demo Mode like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or "DVD-Lab" or "Ulead DVD Movie Factory".....

If MyDVD isn"t working Try un-Installing it and then Re-Install it and see if it works.....Cheers