1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mpeg to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rwnewbie, Dec 25, 2004.

1. rwnewbie

rwnewbie Guest

When i try to copy an mpeg file using the presentation software within nero it says that it is going to take 15+ hours. Does anybody know how i can solve this problem?

Is there any software that I could get that could convert the files to DVD format before i write them to dvd or that can be used in a similar way to nero?

I want to make a dvd video and not a data dvd

2. daddyo

daddyo Member

Ive recently been using a program named WinAVI (do a google should find it with no probs) Its very basic but its also pretty quick (around 1 hour, depending on your computer speed etc).Dont understand why Nerovision is takin so long as the longest its taken me using nerovision is around 5 hours but that was a full series of max and paddy, plenty of progs out there so i guess its down to personal preference, If you dont like WinAVI a few others you might want to check out are: DVDsanta, TMPGenc DVD author, Ulead DVD movie factory

Good luck

Cheers

Tony ;)

3. Keri010

Keri010 Member

Hi! I was trying to make a DVD out of mpeg's. I downloaded a trial of nero 6.6 and it doesn't seem to give me any options to burn from mpeg. Before I shell out the money for the full version with Nerovision, how can I use TMPGEng to convert the mpeg to DVD/ISO/VOB? The only options I seem to see is to convert TO mpeg or to save the audio and video seperate as wav and m2v files.
    Thanks!

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If the file is already an MPEG the first thing you should do is figure out the resolution. If the resolution isn't already DVD compliant you have to re-encode from MPEG to DVD compliant MPEG (that's what DVD video is). Whether you want to end up with a single file or separate audio and video files depends on what software you're using to author and whether you need to do anything else to the audio (like encoding it as AC3 to save space).

If the video is already SVCD compliant you could also try authoring it as a non-standard DVD without changing the resolution. Not all DVD players will playback a non-standard DVD correctly, but many will. If you want to try doing that I'd recommend downloading the trial version of DVD-Lab. It can make non-standard DVDs and it will resample the audio to from 44.1kHz to 48kHz for you as well.