1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg-vcr

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbfan, Oct 14, 2004.

1. dmbfan

dmbfan Guest

hi! i have downloaded mpeg-vcr and i am trying to merge 2 mpeg fiels onto one dvd. i am reading the guide but am having some questions.

1. which file do i do first? the beginning of file 1 or beginning of file 2?

2. do i need to do every single frame if i know that their are no errors in the frames?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Since the MPEGs will probably be MPEG-1 (or, at the best, MPEG-2 for SVCD), doing a DVD is useless (the resolution will be the one of the original movie). Why don't you make 1 or 2 VCDs instead of 1 DVD?

First, the MPEGs must be almost equal in framerate (VCD NTSC=23.976; (S)VCD PAL=25; SVCD NTSC =29.97), type (MPEG-2 or MPEG-1, resolution X x Y pixels), etc.
    Of course it must be length1 + length2 < 80' or joining them is useless they wouldn't fit into a VCD).
    'Taste' them with BSPlayer and it will say you all these characteristics all at once in the main screen (except the lenght).
    If they differ one among the other, use TMPGenc on both files with the same settings (it's better to use Settings-->Motion Search Precision 'High Quality' at least), and convert them into coherent MPEG-1 files.
    If they are MPEG-2 files, TMPGenc will not be able to load them without the M2V plugin and you'll have to use, if you haven't that plugin, MPG-VCR (a.k.a. Womble MPEG Converter) to conver them into MPEG-1 Video-CD files.

Second, once you have two MPEG-1 files amost identical you could use TMPGenc --> MPEG Tools ---> Merge & Cut choosing as 'type' MPEG-1 Video-CD (I never joined MPEG-2 files, maybe you'll need a registered version of TMPGenc).

I don't think you have to check the file.

Of course you must merge 1+2, not 2+1.

OK?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004