1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mpeg

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kd232, Sep 15, 2002.

1. kd232

kd232 Member

I have recorded a film on my Hauppauge Nexus capture card which are saved in one Mpeg file. I Have burnt filr to a DVD but it will not play in my DVD player. OK in computer. Is there a method/tutorial to convert Mpeg to the all the required files to burn to DVD and run in a stand alone player?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to make sure the file complies with DVD specs (normally MPEG-2, 720x480/576 resolution, 23.97/25/29.97fps) and then you need to author it to be DVD compliant with some DVD authoring software, such as DVDIt, MyDVD, etc.. After that you burn the VIDEO_TS directory with all the stuff (IFOs, BUPs, etc) in it.

3. kd232

kd232 Member

dRD.
    I did attempt to author with Spruce and it went to about 39% and stopped with a message that GOP files were not in correct sequence.
    The file I was using was K5-2002,09,18,1859 Movie File (MPEG) and Spruce has left files titles PRA.PRX.
    Where do I obtain the other authorsing items that you refer to.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Everything is pretty much commercial with no demos available.

But try Spruce one more time. Take TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools, load the MPEG video, demux it, remux the demuxed parts again and try it then -- this should write new MPEG headers.

5. kd232

kd232 Member

dRD.
    Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow sometime.
    Thanks for the attention and respnse's you have given me.
    Regards

6. kd232

kd232 Member

dRD.
    I had to download the latest from this site of TMPGEenc's and it has a time limit. As I have not used this before I did the wrong thing in the first place but had saved to a different file. Started again under MPEG tools and what I assume was tab for demux'ing. I did the movie then the sound renamed them K5 and started Spruce went through but came up with this message "Temporal Reference in GOP#4256 (Zero Based) are out of sequence (0xc10b000a)
    Stopped.
    Took files and them played them back, the movie very good picture and the sound and speech was OK when played back seperately on WinDVD.
    I suppose I could burn the whole to seperate CD's
    Will give K*I*S*K another go before it changes over on 7th Oct. Maybe a hic-cup while recording What do you think?
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2002