1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by brein, Apr 8, 2003.

1. brein

brein Guest

Hello,
    I have made a lot of mpeg2 video's (DVD compatible 720x576, 6000kb/s. 48kHz.Wav stereo)
    And I tried to use Pinnacle studio8, Nero Vision and Power Director Pro to create a DVD playable in a stand-alone player. But these programs can't handle it.
    Are there alternative ways to create the files you need in the VIDEO_TS folder.
    How do I make these IFO, BUP and VOB files when all I have is these mpeg2's?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]greetings,
    Hugo
    see you at: http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/acrobat/[/small]

2. malum

malum Regular member

What happens if you change the extension to .VOB?

You could then create the IFO's with IFOedit.
    You might have to run it through IFOedit to make the VOB's the required 1GB if they are bigger than this.

3. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

I think that you will need to author a new dvd using an authoring program like mydvd you can use ifoedit to do it but for best results you will need to stream off the video files and audio files separately as you will have synch problems with ifoedit. I think that is the road to go down, i could be wrong, i did a smilar thing with my vcds putting 3 discs on one dvd but that was mpeg1. Mydvd is probably the easiest way to do it but it does increase the size of the file after its encoding the audio file. If the files are just home movies in my opinion just make them into vcds alot less hassle and cheaper. Theres alot guides floating around, i am sure you can do it using pinnalce studio8 you might just have the files in the wrong format have a look on dvdrhelp.com

4. ramvarra

ramvarra Member

I was successful with ULead DVD MovieFactory2 in authoring DVD from DVD compliant mpg files (Key is the files have to conform to DVD specs to avoid re-encoding).

5. brein

brein Guest

HI THERE,
    I haven't found my answer yet!
    Please keep posting your Ideas.
    thanks

6. malum

malum Regular member

Did you try what I suggested?

7. brein

brein Guest

Hi,
    I tried changing the extension to .vob but it made them unreadable in several players.
    And I have no guide to ifo-edit, which makes not much sense to me.
    I found Nero-vision will make a dvd if I use only 1.5GB of mpeg, and the endfile is about 2.2GB. I think it is miscalculating since a dvd is 4.7GB.